Model 8000 Magnetic Tape Degausser DISCONTINUED
THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED
The Model 8000 Magnetic Tape Degausser is a table-top office degausser that degausses computer media, including LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, compact cassettes, quarter-inch cartridges, 3480, 3490, 3590, 3590E cartridges, 4mm and 8mm DAT media, Exabyte/Travan cassettes, 1/4", 1/2", 1" and 2" width reels, and large diameter reels up to 16" in diameter, DLT, and SDLT magnetic tape cartridges.
The Model 8000 offers the consumer both a maximum erasure field plus a maximum erasure time of 30 minutes on from a cold start, features unique to this degausser that offer a distinct advantage to competitive units at this price point.
Exceptional Degaussing Levels
Most importantly, the Model 8000 Magnetic Tape Degausser employs an exclusive magnetic resonance design to guarantee full-power degaussing is delivered to the magnetic loop circuit (magnetic media) for full, deep degauss levels. This machine is manufactured to the requirements of and meets or exceeds DoD standards for magnetic data destruction degaussers. This provides you with complete assurance that your media will be degaussed to safe and stringent security requirements.
Easy and Efficient Operation
This quiet unit operates 30 minutes from a cold start and features a foot pedal control to permit the operator to work more efficiently with hands-free operation. The large work surface features detailed graphical operating instructions, which means no special operator training is required.
Current Monitor & Status Indicator
The Model 8000 offers unique visual indicators of both gauss strength and operation status. A special electric current monitor gauge provides visual confirmation to the operator that full 8,000 gauss power is being delivered at all times. A safety start design eliminates circuit-breaker problems that may occur when a degausser is powered up. Status indicator lights confirm that machine operation is functioning normally. Both these safety operating features assure confidence in error-free degaussing.
All Operating Accessories Included
All accessories required for the operation of the Model 8000 PC Hard Drive and LTO Degausser are included: reel guide, foot control, handling container, detachable line cord and detailed instructions.
Top Warranty in Industry
This very reliable degausser also carries a two year no-cost warranty on all parts and labor from date of shipment. This is the longest cost-free manufacturer's warranty available in the industry. Extended warranties are also available, should your organization require additional protection.
Erases Today's Magnetic Media
The Model 8000 is rated to erase most magnetic media currently on the market. That includes hard-to-erase LTO-3 and LTO-4 cartridges. It also erases broadcast & video media, including Mini DV, Digital Video tape, VHS, S-VHS, U-matic, U-matic SP, Beta SP, DVC-PRO, R-DAT, and 16" Pancake tape.
The Model 8000 Degausser can be rented for one month at a cost of $500.00 or for one week at a cost of $300.00, or it can be purchased as a remanufactured machine for $1,995.00.
As the best data security solution is always to process your media on site, we recommend purchasing this unit with the companion carrying case, which makes this heavy desk-top machine easily transportable for off-site or field data erasure applications. Simply ship this degausser to any office location where your media is slated for erasure.
Data Devices will not be undersold! Government and military discounts. Educational discounts. Volume discounts. Please contact us for special pricing.
- Erases LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, AND LTO-4 cartridges
- Meets or exceeds DoD requirements for magnetic data destruction.
- Industrial strength 8000 gauss
- 30 minutes on from a cold start
- Foot control permits "hands-free" operation
- Easy-to-use handling container assures operator safety and comfort
- Coil current monitor provides confirmation of full degaussing strength
- Operator instructions are printed on top surface of machine
- Safety start design eliminates circuit-breaker problems
- Maximum erasure field plus a maximum erasure time (not available on any other degausser)
- Status indicator lights confirms proper operation
- Accessories included as Standard: open reel guide, foot control, heat-reducing hard drive handling container, detachable line cord and detailed operator instructions
- Gaming Organizations
- Commercial Security Departments
- Data Processing Centers
- All Media Processors and Users
- Educational Organizations
- Financial Organizations
- Television Broadcasters
- Government Security Users
- 1/4", 1/2", 1" and 2" width reels, and large diameter reels up to 16" in diameter
- Compact cassettes
- LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, AND LTO-4
- 3480/3490/3590E cartridges
- 4mm and 8mm DAT media
- Exabyte/Travan cassettes
- DLT I, II, III, and IV, S-DLT
- Quarter inch tape cartridges
- Mini DV tape
- Digital Video tape
- VHS, S-VHS
- U-matic, U-matic SP
- Beta SP
- 16" Pancake tape
* Please note that 3570, 3570-B, 3570-C, 3570-C/XL, ADR30, ADR50, ADR120, AIT-1(S), AIT-5, DISK ZIP 100MB, DISK ZIP 250 MB, SLR, TR-4, TR-5, TR-7, 3590, 3590-E, 3590-H, 3592, LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, 9840, 9940, T-10000 cannot be reused after degaussing.
Click here for a complete list of media that cannot be reused after degaussing.
|Government Purchase Price
||On 20 min. (30 min. from cold start), off 20 min.
||240 per hour
Please note that commercial shipping in the contiguous United States will be an additional charge. As international shipping and non-contiguous domestic shipping rates vary, we will provide a quote for your location upon receipt of your order.