SCSI Hammerô Secure Erase Hard Drive Eraser
Available on GSA Contract Number GS-02F-0111P
GSA Price $2,795.00 Delivered
Redeploy, Don't Destroy!
SCSI Hammerô is a hard disk drive erasure tool for SCSI drives. The device will securely erase all data written to up to 30 drives at once. SCSI Hammerô comes with two 50pin and 68pin interfaces built in.
Use SCSI Hammer in a Range of Configurations
* Direct Connect: Purges up to four hard drives at once
* Disk Array: Erases a complete shelf, up to 30 hard drives, without removing drives from the enclosure
* PC Connect for enhanced CPR Tools functionality: Proprietary CPR Tools software suite (included) provides a full featured control panel, giving the technician complete control of the operation from Windows XP and Vista
Other tools include
* Detailed drive information
* Low level sector viewing
* Operation logging
* Audit trail reporting
NIST Media Sanitization Recommendations
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has established new guidelines for electronic media sanitization and ranks Secure Erase along with degaussing at the highest security level that does not involve actual physical destruction.
The Hammerô Advantage
When the CPR Tools Secure Erase command is implemented by SCSI Hammerô, the hard drive is unusable until the command completes. On drives where CPR Tools Secure Erase is not supported, SCSI Hammerô destroys data by using an embedded version of CPR Tools' BangDiskô utility.
By securely erasing data without damaging the hard drive(s), SCSI Hammerô is a cost effective and environmentally friendly alternative for end-of-life hard drive data security. Published reports show that for every ten hard drives that enter the market, seven are discarded. Make sure your data is safely destroyed without sacrificing security or harming the environment.
* Securely erases all data on up to 30 SCSI hard drives simultaneously
* Meets NIST 800-88 'purge' and 'clear' specifications
* Connects directly to servers and mass storage units so there is no need to remove drives before erasing
* Drives can be easily re-deployed after erasing
* Provides audit trails in the form of labels, certificates of compliance or text record of eradication logs
* Multi-session log stored on SCSI Hammerô
* Email Alert - allows the user to input an email address to be notified when process starts, stops or at specific time intervals
* Portable, stand-alone device includes host companion software, CPR Toolboxô which extends device functionality
* Multi-language support coming soon
Data Destruction with SCSI Hammerô meets or exceeds data elimination requirements of:
* NIST 800-88 'Purge' and 'Clear'
* HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
* Patriot Act of 2002
* Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
* Other various state laws
Screenshot of the CPR Toolbox Version 4.0 Companion Software
Product software updates are downloadable direct from the Web.
Please note that commercial shipping in the contiguous United States will be an additional charge. As international shipping and non-contiguous domestic shipping rates vary, we will provide a quote for your location upon receipt of your order.