Call for GSA Pricing
Meets DoD Specification for the Erasure of PC Hard Drives
Drives Can Be Reused After Sanitization
THIS MACHINE HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY THE MANUFACTURER AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit is ideal for users who want to erase their hard drives and then reuse them or send them off-site. Excellent for users who want to return the hard drives to manufacturers for warranty replacement.
The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit is a stand-alone unit that erases data for up to nine drives simultaneously at speeds exceeding 3GB/min.
While degaussing physically removes the media's magnetic charge, thus rendering the drive inoperable, the WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit overwrites and erases the hard drives from 1 to 8 times, thus providing complete erasure.
Designed to meet DoD 5220-22M security erasure specifications, the WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit overwrites and erases data onto the hard drive up to 8 times, thus guaranteeing the information on the drive is unrecoverable.
The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit is designed as a compact, stand-alone hardware solution to erase data and sanitize hard drives for up to nine drives simultaneously at speeds exceeding 3Gb/min. It erases any SATA, IDE, EIDE, or Ultra-DMA hard drive (Laptop drives require 9 individual adapters). SCSI drives require the Model IM 3004 SCSI Duplicator, as the WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit will not erase SCSI drives.
- High Speed Wipe Operation: Data Sanitizing speeds can exceed 3GB/min. The speed is limited only by the speed of the drive. A slower operating drive will take longer to erase.
- Sanitize Multiple Drives Simultaneously: Sanitize up to 9 drives simultaneously without any loss of speed.
- Multiple Media Support: Supports P-ATA and S-ATA hard disk drives with adapter. Notebook drives and ATA compatible Flash devices are supported with additional proprietary adapters.
- Multiple Sanitizing Modes: The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit can erase data on drives in one pass or by following the strict DoD (Department of Defense) security standard number 5220.22-M, which requires eight passes.
- Partitions and Formats Drives: Drives can be automatically partitioned and formatted with the optional Format Add-On Option, eliminating the need to manually prepare a drive prior to usage.
- Sanitize Different Drive Models and Sizes: Simultaneously erase data using different drive models and sizes.
- 48-Bit Support: Provides 48-bit drive support to handle hard drives larger than 137GB.
- DCO and HPA: Provides the ability to erase hidden areas on hard-drives.
- Multiple User Defined Settings: This feature allows authorized users to store multiple user defined unit settings.
- Password Protected Settings: This feature protects the unit’s user defined settings from being changed by un-authorized users.
- Log Information: Detail operational event log information can be viewed or saved to Compact Flash.
- Upgradeable: Software upgrades can be easily performed using the unit’s supplied Compact Flash Card.
The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit allows the user to perform high volume hard drive sanitizing operations using today’s PATA, flash, and laptop hard drives with optional adapters. The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit can erase data and sanitize drives in one pass or by following the strict DoD (Department of Defense) specifications, which require eight passes in order to perform a reliable hard drive sanitizing operation. The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit can erase data and sanitize hard drives of different sizes and models in the same operation. The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit is also provided with an add-on option for formatting the sanitized drives.
Standard Software Features (included at no additional cost)
- HPA Option: The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit supports sanitizing HPA areas. HPA is defined as a reserved area for data storage outside the normal operating file system. If an HPA area exists on a drive the WipeMASSter will clear and erase the HPA area.
- DCO Option: The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit supports sanitizing DCO areas. DCO allows systems to modify the apparent features provided by a hard disk drive. If DCO is detected on the drive, the WipeMASSter will clear and erase the DCO area.
- WipeOut DoD: This function is designed to erase all data on disk drives. Sanitize up to 9 drives simultaneously at speeds greater than 3GB/min. WipeOut was designed to meet the U.S. Department of Defense specification DOD 5220-22M regarding the sanitization of hard disk drive data. Each iteration makes two write passes over the entire drive.
- WipeOut Fast Option: The Wipeout Fast option provides a quick non-DoD method of sanitizing a drive of all previously stored data. Allows erasing data in one pass.
- Store Log and Database Information: The unit provides functions to display and store real time event information in a log and database format.
- Manage User Defined Settings: This built in feature allows authorized users to store multiple user defined unit settings.
- Format FAT32: The FORMAT FAT32 Option provides the capability of performing a quick FAT32 format on multiple drives. The operation creates a non-active FAT32 primary DOS partition on the drive(s) connected.
- Serial-ATA Adapters: The SATA 9-CHANNEL ADAPTER IS NOW INCLUDED WITH UNIT and converts all ports of the WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit for SATA usage.
- Notebook Adapters: Proprietary Notebook Adapters enable the WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit to support a variety of Notebook models that use a proprietary Notebook drive interface. Adapters available include adapters for the IBM Think-Pad, Compaq Armada, NEC Versa, Dell Latitude, and Toshiba Tecra (cost $75.00 each). The standard 2.5” adapter supports all Notebook drives which do not have a proprietary interface or have been removed from their proprietary enclosures (Set of 9 adapters is $360.00. Individual adapters are $59.00 each). A proprietary adapter is also available for the 1.8” ATA drive interface.
- Flash Adapter: The Flash adapter was designed to support 50-pin micro-drive devices. The Flash Drive 9 channel adapter converts all erasing ports to flash drives (cost $720.00). Single channel flash drive adapters permit mixing SATA, IDE, and Flash drives (cost $195.00 each).
- Drive Cooler Solution: Reduces the heat generated by the hard drives and maintain a comfortable operating temperature (cost $200.00).
- Hard Shipping and Carrying Case: Hard case provides safe and convenient storage for your WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit and cables. Easy to transport; shipping safe (cost $495.00).
Supply Voltage: 100 - 240V / 50 - 60 Hz
Power Consumption: 10W without drives
Operating Temperature: 5 degrees - 55 degrees C
Relative Humidity: 20% - 60% non-condensing
Net Weight: 9 lbs
Overall Dimensions: 13.3” x 12.1” x 4.4”
Universal Auto-Switching input voltage
- All computer sites must erase data from drives before reuse or donation to non-profits
- Large corporations must erase data before returning drives for warranty replacement
- Government and military sites must remove proprietary or confidential information before shipping drives to central locations
- Nine standard 3.5 inch IDE hard drives are erased simultaneously at 3 Gb/min.
- Erases all SATA, IDE, EIDE, or Ultra-DMA Hard Drives. Additional adapters required to erase flash drives, and laptop drives.
Note: The WipeMASSter SATA/IDE unit does not erase SCSI drives.