Model 8000 Magnetic Media Degausser (Rental)
The Model 8000 Magnetic Media Degausser is a very quiet, table-top office degausser that operates 30 minutes from the time the machine is turned on. The Degausser features a foot pedal control to permit the operator to erase all kinds of media with hands-free operation. The Model 8000 Magnetic Media Degausser can degauss a very wide range of magnetic tape, including 1/4", 1/2", 1" and 2" width reels, and large diameter reels up to 16" in diameter.
Additionally, the Model 8000 Magnetic Media Degausser degausses a wide range of other computer media, including compact cassettes, quarter-inch cartridges, 3480/3490/3590E cartridges, 4mm and 8mm DAT media, Exabyte/Travan cassettes, DLT, S-DLT, and LTO computer media.
Broadcast & Video Media can also be degaussed by the Model 8000 Hard Drive and Magnetic Media Degausser, including Mini DV tape, Digital Video tape, VHS, S-VHS, U-matic, U-matic SP, Beta SP, DVC-PRO, R-DAT, and 16" Pancake tape.
Most importantly, the Model 8000 Magnetic Media Degausser employs an exclusive magnetic resonance design to guarantee full-power degaussing is delivered to the magnetic loop circuit (magnetic media) for full, deep degauss levels. This machine is manufactured to the requirements of, and meets or exceeds DoD standards for, magnetic data destruction degaussers. This provides you with complete assurance that your media will be degaussed to completely safe security requirements.
The Model 8000 Magnetic Media Degausser has a large work surface, and detailed operating instructions are printed in full view on this surface. A special electric current monitor gauge provides visual confirmation to the operator that full 8,000 gauss power is being delivered by the Model 8000 at all times. This safety operating feature is very important for error-free degaussing.
A safety start design eliminates circuit-breaker problems which may occur when degaussers are turned on. The Model 8000 Hard Drive and Magnetic Media Degausser has both a maximum erasure field plus a maximum erasure time (not available on any other degausser). Status indicator lights on the degausser confirm operation of the machine is working according to standard mode.
All accessories required for the operation of the Model 8000 Hard Drive and Magnetic Media Degausser are included: reel guide, foot control, hard drive handling container, detachable line cord and detailed instructions. This very reliable degausser also carries a two year no-cost warranty on all parts and labor from date of shipment. This is the longest cost-free manufacturer's warranty available in the industry.
The Model 8000 Hard Drive Degausser can be rented for one week at a cost of $300.00 or one month at a cost of $500.00 and it can be purchased remanufactured for $2,495.00.
We recommend purchasing this unit with the companion carrying case, which makes this heavy desk-top machine easily transportable for off-site or field data erasure applications.
Data Devices will not be undersold! Government and military discounts. Educational discounts. Volume discounts. Please contact us for special pricing.
- Erases LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, AND LTO-4 cartridges
- Meets or exceeds DoD requirements for magnetic data destruction.
- Industrial strength 8000 gauss
- 30 minutes on from a cold start
- Foot control permits "hands-free" operation
- Heat-reducing handling container assures operator safety and comfort
- Coil current monitor provides confirmation of full degaussing strength
- Operator instructions are printed on top surface of machine
- Safety start design eliminates circuit-breaker problems
- Maximum erasure field plus a maximum erasure time (not available on any other degausser)
- Status indicator lights confirms proper operation
- Accessories included as Standard: open reel guide, foot control, heat-reducing handling container, detachable line cord and detailed operator instructions
- Gaming Organizations
- Commercial Security Departments
- Data Processing Centers
- All Media Processors and Users
- Educational Organizations
- Financial Organizations
- Television Broadcasters
- Government Security Users
- 1/4", 1/2", 1" and 2" width reels, and large diameter reels up to 16" in diameter
- Compact cassettes
- LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, AND LTO-4
- 3480/3490/3590E cartridges
- 4mm and 8mm DAT media
- Exabyte/Travan cassettes
- DLT I, II, III, and IV, S-DLT
- Quarter inch tape cartridges
- Mini DV tape
- Digital Video tape
- VHS, S-VHS
- U-matic, U-matic SP
- Beta SP
- 16" Pancake tape
Accessories for this unit can be easily ordered through the Website. Click on the image below for complete specifications and pricing.
* Please note that hard drives are not reusable after having been degaussed.
||On 20 min. (30 min. from cold start), off 20 min.
||240 per hour
Please note that commercial shipping in the contiguous United States will be an additional charge. As international shipping and non-contiguous domestic shipping rates vary, we will provide a quote for your location upon receipt of your order.